Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Date With Density

Weekly weigh-in: 229.8
Loss: +5.5
Total loss: -62.1
Emotion: &*@#$%!

Well, I’ve been putting off stepping on the scale for weeks, thinking that I needed just a little more time to undo the overdoing I’ve been doing; however I’ve been underdoing on the undoing and doing more overdoing instead. Not only does that not make sense, but it doesn’t even make any sense!

Something funny happened when I got without 10 pounds of my absolute *perfect* goal weight… I turned around twice and I was 15 pounds from it… 20 pounds from it… 30 pounds from it. Okay, maybe it wasn’t funny in a “ha ha” way. And maybe it wasn't funny in a strange way either. I guess it wasn’t really funny at all come to think of it…

What started off as a slight course correction has suddenly because a legitimate cause for concern. Pants that I was wearing comfortably a few months ago have been sheepishly moved to an out-of-reach shelf.

I’m not going to stand here and scream about how I’m gonna kick it up into high gear now because I’ve done this too often to think that a big “This is it!” proclamation is going to fuel anything but a day or two of good behavior.

So I’m going to sit back and reassess. Tweak my workout routine and try to trim some of the bad habits that have seemed to creep back in my day-to-day existence. It may even mean that some of the time I currently squander making ridiculous lists and silly songs for this space will need to be spent making sweat bubble up out of my body. You know what they say: when the going gets tough, get going toughly and okay... I wasn't paying much attention when they were talking about the going getting tough. Sorry...

Anyway, take a deep breath… and do what you need to do to be what you want to be.

Monday’s infinity + infinity away.

Start today.


No comments:

Post a Comment