Sunday, June 26, 2011

Return of the Funky Monk

Weekly weigh-in: 225.9
Loss: -5.2
Total loss: -66.0
Emotion: Full of faith

I’ll admit it:  I was a trifle exasperated at my lack of success on the weigh-in front. I seem to have undone a lot of hard work over the last few months, so I finally decided to go a little medieval on my diet-and-exercise plan.

I perused my archives, trying to tap into a little bit of the spark and spirit that powered loss after loss after loss.

What did I discover? That I do my best when I throw myself into the deep end… when I commit fully and unreservedly. Yes,

So this week, I channeled my inner weight-loss warrior.

The result?

Not a slurp of soda.

Not a sip of coffee.

Not a swig of beer.

Not a drop of wine.

Eating (mostly) on plan.

Exercising like a bat out of Hell.

And a five-pound loss.

I don’t plan on living my entire life like a monk…

But I figure it doesn’t hurt to dine at the monastery for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment