Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Unforgettable Evening


GOOP guru and Oscar-winner Gwyneth Paltrow glittered in gold for the Entertainment Industry Fund’s “Unforgettable Evening” gala benefiting women’s cancer research last night. Her beaded gold necklace added just the right amount of sparkle to a stunning cream Balmain jacket over a Calvin Klein dress. And her 'barely there' make-up was the perfect complement. Bravo!



























I’ve been cursing Miss Gywnnie for peer-pressuring me into trying those Tracey Anderson work-out DVDs (my calves have been burning for weeks!), but this ensemble puts her back in my good graces. Who needs to walk without limping?

Statement necklaces are holding steady as a red carpet trend, and gala performer, Beyonce, rocked a black-beaded interpretation for last night’s festivities. And her domed gemstone and black diamond earrings and cocktail ring gave her Jean-Paul Gaultier LBD a much-needed splash of color.



























Also making a statement was Rita Wilson in a Lanvin crystal flower necklace with both a pearl strand and a gold chain. As did gal-pal Kate Capshaw, who livened up her basic black with the ubiquitous layered gold chain look (you can spot ‘em on every carpet).














Overall, it was a classy carpet showing for a very worthy charity. I could use some charitable vibes, actually, as I hobble my way through life from my permanent dance aerobics injuries.

Thanks, Paltrow. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment