Friday, February 26, 2010

My Diamond in the Rough


Well, jewelry hounds, she's here! Roxanne (Roxy) Parker Rataj was born on February 10th to the delight of her mom and pops. She came out 8 pounds 20 inches but has eaten her way to 9 pounds 6 oz and 23 inches in two weeks' time(!)

I think I have an over-achiever on my hands...

Wanted to share a few pics with you all so you can see what's been occupying my time since diamonds and divas have taken a back seat this month. Ain't she swell?

While my daughter's birth was perfectly timed for numerologists and folks who care about such things (2/10/2010 has a nice ring to it, right?), I did miss covering New York Fashion Week and was shocked to hear of Alexander McQueen's untimely passing. The fashion world will never find a replacement for his apocalyptic, whimsical, down-the-rabbit-hole stylings - - truly tragic.

But on to sunnier skies. Namely? Oscar! The party scene has been rolling non-stop leading up to the big night on March 7th, so I'm sure there will be lots of ground to cover next week. Stay tuned - and thanks for all of your good wishes and support during my brief sojourn. In the meantime, Roxy and I are busy prepping for red carpet gawking from our feeding spot on the couch.

xoxox
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment