Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mister Mo’ Tangle

Weekly weigh-in: 219
Loss: +.9
Total loss: -72.9
Emotion: Entangled

So there I was, with the biggest wad of tangled Christmas lights you ever saw, and it occurred to me how much the situation I was in was like my weight-loss journey.

I mean, it was all my own fault, after all. Instead of diligently wrapping the lights up last year, I saved a little time by… um… just throwing them in the box. Over the next 11 months, they apparently weaved in and out of each other to become a snarled, twisted mess.

And now I’m painstakingly trying to untwist, untwine and untangle them, cursing to Christmas music in the background..

At points, I think I’m making headway. Other times, I feel completely stuck.

There are many points during the process where I feel like giving up; however, I stick with it and a little more comes loose.

I just keep working at it, keep plugging away, and trust that I have the patience and the persistance to get the job done.

I had a pair of college-touring trips to Chicago, Baltimore and NYC bookending Thanksgiving week, so I’d already written a loss off this week. We ate at fantastic restaurants and made a habit of ducking in from the chilly streets for decadent drinks and desserts.

When I got back home, I knew I’d tangled the lights up some more, but I got back to the frustrating work of straightening things out.

Stick around, because I’m going  to get my strand straightened out before long, and when I do…

I’m gonna shine.











.


No comments:

Post a Comment