Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back on the Wagon


If you stop by this place even halfway regularly (and if you do, I probably should take this opportunity to tell you how awesome you are), you may have noticed that I've lost a number of pawns (and maybe a knight and possibly one of those pointy-headed guys) on my healthy-living chessboard.

And it hasn't always been that I've fallen completely off the wagon, but most days I do seem to be dragging my feet off the side, kicking up a lot of dust and grime and basically grinding my progress to a frustrating halt.

I can see with perfect clarity that I've been on the dreaded gain-it-back track, and if I don't make some course corrections... well, I don't like to think about it.

And that's the rub, isn't it? That we get to a point where we don't really think about what we're doing. We lose focus and start losing our way. A few bad choices that quickly become bad habits.

I'd still rather act a fool in this space than address the real-life, real-world issues that we all face, but it's crystal-clear to me that it's time to get a little serious about this stuff. I'm ready to get on a roll again, and I don't mean a jelly roll, deli roll or belly roll.

So I'm back on the wagon, but strapping in a little more towards the center, away from the whoops-there-I-go-again edges. The view isn't quite as spectacular, but there's less of a chance of going over the side.

Buckle up, my friends, and let's ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment