Monday, March 28, 2011

Time to Turn it Up a Notch

Sometimes you're just chugging along on that healthy living highway, and you come to a startling realization:  you're going nowhere fast.

Let me let you in on a secret:  going nowhere fast really sucks.

When you're waltzing about on this weight-loss watusi in a two-pound-forward-one-pound-back fashion... well, it's a painfully slow way to do things. Even slower is those times when you go one step forward, two (maybe three) steps back.

I don't know how it is for you, but I feel like I'm doing all the right things most of the time and, much like my 401K account, I'm not getting much of a return on my investment.

So...

So maybe it's time for me to reassess my commitment to what I'm doing, double down on my dedication. I'm planning on engaging a new personal trainer to shake up my routine. I just downloaded an app to *gasp* track what I eat. I'm getting ready for a little full-scale warfare.

Don't worry–I'm not going to fill this space up with super serious sermons and rah-rah rigamarole (at least not very often, that is). Nobody's getting an invitation to a pity party. I may just, from time to time, attempt to give myself a kick in the seat of the pants... but you know, that's probably something that wouldn't hurt you to hear either..

It's time to see if I've got another gear.



No comments:

Post a Comment