Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's Make a Deal

Sometimes I get concerned that there are folks who are dropping into this bloggity blog for the first time, and I’m being all ha-ha silly about this weight-loss business. I mean, to someone who has 75 lbs, 100 lbs., 200 lbs. or more to lose, this ain’t no joking matter.

Except, you see, I think it is…

Here’s the thing: me… you… we can’t do it overnight. Even the most sound plan executed in the most perfect manner with the utmost level of commitment still requires one thing above all else: time.

Day after day of sticking to your guns.

Week after week of sweat and sacrifice.

Month after month of staring at a too-fat face in the mirror.

I laugh because… really, don’t you have to laugh? Don’t you have to laugh to save your sanity? Don’t you have to laugh to keep from crying?

It would be so easy to throw in the towel, to decide that we simply don’t give a doodley-damn what the world thinks and we’re just gonna eat what we want, drink what we want and be who we are.

But you know how that story ends, don’t you?

It ends with you wallowing in self-pity and misery. It ends happily never after…

Don’t you want more than that? Don’t you deserve better than that?

I want you to do what it takes… whatever it takes… to move your life to a better place, but I also want you to understand that we’re going to be at it for quite some time.

So let’s make a deal, you and I: you keep striving to do the best you can to make your life a healthier and happier one and I’ll do my best to… ummmm… do whatever the hell I feel like doing (hey, I didn’t say it was a good deal, did I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment