Sunday, September 5, 2010

Going Strong (Just Not For Long)

Weekly weigh-in: 210.0
Loss: -.4
Total loss: -82.0
Emotion: All over the place

I have a theory about this weight-loss business: if you string good days together, over and over and over, you’ll enjoy good weigh-ins.

Get through one good day.

Pat yourself on the back.

Get up and do it again.

I wish it was as easy as I make it sound. I seem to be on a solid path, about to pull off four or five solid days, full of sweaty workouts and solid food choices, but then I suffer a brain fart somewhere along the way. Oh, it’s never anything super-crazy like during the bad ol’ days, but just enough to throw off my momentum.

It’s a new week, so I’ll take one more crack at rediscovering my missing mojo.

Get through one good day.

Pat myself on the back.

Get up and do it again.

It’s September, and most folks in the waking world are slowly gearing up for the holidays, where they’ll pack on a few extra pounds (and maybe a few more on top of that).

Then comes New Year’s Day, when they’ll get serious about losing weight again.

Me? I’m skipping ahead to 2011 right now.

Get through one good day.

Pat myself on the back.

Get up and do it again.

Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment