Monday, September 13, 2010

Listening to Your Body

Body: Jack? Oh Jackie…?

Jack: You? What do you want?

Body: I need you to do me a favor...

Jack: Whatcha need?

Body: I want to you to grab a big ol’ bowl of chips and guacamole, maybe a beer or two... and sit your ass down in that easy chair over yonder.

Jack: Excuse me?

Body: Look, those shows we DVR’d ain’t gonna watch themselves…

Jack: I was thinking about heading out for a workout.

Body: Awww no. We did that yesterday.

Jack: I know…

Body: And you went for a run yesterday morning.

Jack: So what?

Body: So… haven’t you ever heard of a little thing called an “off” day?

Jack: I think I banked quite a few “off” days in the past.

Body: No, no… it’s a “use ‘em or lose ‘em” kind of deal.

Jack: I’m not sure I trust you, buddy.

Body: I just don’t see what harm there is in a little downtime in front of the tube…

Jack: And I think you’ve got another good workout in you today.

Body: I’m soooooore.

Jack: You’re a sorehead.

Body: I’m serious as a…

Jack: …heart attack?

Body: Yeah, as a… no. That’s not what I meant.

Jack: Come on… the sooner we get started, the sooner we get done.

Body: But I don’t wanna!

Jack: I said, come on!

Body: Don’t you know that you’re supposed to be listening to your body?

Jack: I tried that for a while and it didn’t work out.

Body: Yeah?

Jack: Yeah… now it’s time for my body to start listening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment