Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm Just a Blog



Boy:
Wow! This sure is a crappy little waste of internet real estate. But I wonder who’s this sad little scrap of nonsense?

Blog:

I'm just a blog.


Yes, I'm only a blog.

And I'm sittin’ here like a bump on a log.

Well, it’s a long, long journey

To your weight loss goals.
It’s a long, long wait

With a bunch of other lost souls.

But I know I’ll be at goal someday.

At least I hope and pray I will, dawg,

But today I am still just a blog.


Boy: Gee, Blog, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage.

Blog: Well I got this far. When I started, I didn’t even have a single follower. I was just an idea. The person that started me decided he wanted to make a positive change in his life, and said, “You know, maybe I should write a blog myself.” Then he sat down and wrote me out and introduced me to the internet. And I became a blog, and I'll remain a blog until I get to goal… and maybe even longer.

I'm just a blog
Yes I'm only a blog,

But I’m loyal as a loyal hound dog.
But I was stuck in a body

That was way too rotund.

And found that livin’ life obese
Just ain’t any fun.
It’s time to get my bad self in check

How I pray that I will, dawg,
But keep in mind that I’m just a blog.

Boy: Look at all those encouraging comments! Is all that discussion and debate about you?

Blog: Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones. Some blogs never attract very much attention. I hope it keeps the motivation revved up, otherwise I might diet.

Boy: Do you mean “die”?

Blog: I meant “diet”, dumbass. This is a weight-loss blog, after all.

Boy: What happens now?

Blog: Well, I weigh in, and then the whole thing starts all over again.

Boy: Oh no!

Blog: Oh yes!

I'm just a blog.

Yes, I'm only a blog.
But I’m comin’ in from outta the fog. 

Well, now I’m off for my work out

With my personal trainer.
My iPod blaring “I Will Survive”

By Gloria Gaynor.
If I keep it up,
I’ll soon be at goal.
How I hope and pray I will, dawg,

But today I am still just a blog.


Boy:
You mean even if you blog every single day, you still might not get at goal?

Blog: Yes, that's called Goofing Around. If you blog but don’t get serious about the journey you’re on, then it’s just wasting everybody’s time.

Blog: Wow, I didn’t realize there was so much to getting fit. It's not easy to get to goal, is it?

Blog: No!

But how I hope and I pray I will, dawg,

But today I am still just a blog.


Scale:
He just weighed in, Blog! Now you're at goal!

Blog: Oh yes!!!



->  

No comments:

Post a Comment