Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On the Ledge

So there I was on the ledge, thinking about ending it all.

Really, I’d had all I could take. My life was miserable, out of control, going nowhere. It was time to put an end to it once and for all.

I inched forward…

I’d been here before, but I’d always backed away at the last moment.

Always been too afraid to commit.

I wish I could tell you what made this time any different, but…

This time was different.

This time, I guess I’d had all I could take.

I suppose there’s a point where you’ll actually do anything to try and put a stop to what’s causing you so much pain and misery.

So I took a deep breath…

And I jumped.

I leapt into a new life filled with healthy food choices and sweat-wringing workouts.

I threw myself into a program that demanded more of me than I thought I could give, and when I reached each milestone along the way, it demanded even more…

I plunged myself into the blogging world, and found an unexpected fount of energy and encouragement, of soul-stirring spirit and support.

It all started on a ledge.

One life ended.

Another began.





No comments:

Post a Comment