Sunday, October 10, 2010

Worst. Weigh-in. Ever.

Weekly weigh-in: 217.0
Loss: +6.4
Total loss: -75
Emotion: &*^%$#@

Sometimes I come out here to sing and dance for you, and sometimes I come out here to sermonize and speechify.

There are times when I come to inform, and times when my goal is to entertain, but I pretty much always manage to keep my eyes on the prize.

This week?

Whoops…

I was out of town, apparently at a “partying” convention, and wasn’t surprised in the least to see I was up a ten-spot when I got back home. I kept a close eye on the scale and figured I had clawed my way at least halfway back.

But then I ended the week poorly, and so now I’m throwing up a stink-bomb of a weigh-in this week. What’s especially disheartening is that I went through my old weigh-ins and saw that I’m basically exactly where I was twelve months ago.

Twelve months of hurry-up-and-go-nowhere.

Twelve months of stepping forward; a year of moving back.

I’m not going to sit here and talk myself up into a frenzy today, proclaiming that I’m going to do this or that or the other thing.

It’s time to prove that weigh-ins speak louder than words.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment